Posted to uk.d-i-y
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default Ford Focus headlight motor - changing

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 19:24:59 +0000, Terry Casey wrote:

In article , says...

{Bob} Looks as though there are two standard type bolts holding the
light in, one hex head with inset posi/philips screw driver slots which
screws into the wing, and a hex head nut which screws into the front
cross brace

I'm sure there are no bolts or screws as I once managed to remove the
offside one on my 2001 Focus by mistake when I was trying to remove a
dud headlamp bulb by touch!

It looked identical to the one in the E-bay link and I'm sure that the
only thing that stopped it coming right out was the connector and wiring
harness.

Thanks.

Are you suggesting that you can get it out just by taking the square cover
off the back of the housing and rooting around inside?
Much as Bob describes, but without having to take the housing out of the
car?

Cheers

Dave R