Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default Cast bullet gear question..

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 13:39:04 -0800 (PST), "
I would just make a die out of whatever steel you have handy that
machines easily. Are you really going to use it enough to worry about
wear? I would mike the first couple of bullets sized and then mike
again when you have sized 50 bullets. That would give you an idea of
the rate of wear. My bet is that there is not a lot of wear.

If i am wrong , then i would take a die and case harden it.

Dan

That..is not a bad idea. I do have a machine shop and a heat treating
oven.

Not a bad idea at all.

Thanks!! Id not considered making my own dies, oddly enough. Blush

Many many thanks!! for slamming my head against reality!

I honestly have no idea of why I didnt think of making all new dies
from scratch. Crom knows I have the material and the tools...and maybe
the skills.

Gunner

1. Lie