Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Gunner[_7_] Gunner[_7_] is offline

Default How to build a file rack?

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 12:04:56 -0800 (PST), whit3rd
wrote:

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:23:25 PM UTC-8, Gunner wrote:

Im going through drawers and tool boxes and dug out my files....
Ive been keeping them in IBM punch card drawers...laid on top of each
other..not a good thing.

I make cardboard scabbards for 'em, with staples on the seams
(and if I think of it, a tape wrap to keep the staples from biting).
Then it's OK to pile 'em in a drawer.

Biggest drawback: they all look alike in the scabbards, so there's
a few minutes sorting through the collection to find the right
shape and tooth for a job.

That is indeed a concern. Hummm..Ive got or can get some of that net
material that they shop hydraulic fittings in to protect the
threads...that would work as well.

Gunner

1. Lie