Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
James Waldby[_3_] James Waldby[_3_] is offline

Default How to build a file rack?

On Fri, 01 Mar 2013 12:04:56 -0800, whit3rd wrote:

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 11:23:25 PM UTC-8, Gunner wrote:

Im going through drawers and tool boxes and dug out my files....
Ive been keeping them in IBM punch card drawers...laid on top of each
other..not a good thing.

I make cardboard scabbards for 'em, with staples on the seams
(and if I think of it, a tape wrap to keep the staples from biting).
Then it's OK to pile 'em in a drawer.

Biggest drawback: they all look alike in the scabbards, so there's
a few minutes sorting through the collection to find the right
shape and tooth for a job.

With a heat sealer (like, eg, "Impulse Heat Sealer 12 Inch",
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Impulse-Heat-Sealer-12-Inch-/251237125610)
you can divide plastic bags etc into parallel pockets. Eg, top-loading
polypropylene notebook sheet protectors divided into 3 or 4 pockets
are ok for storing files. The translucent bags from cereal boxes work
ok too.

--
jiw