Swingman

Default Kitchen Cabinet Question

"Bob" wrote in message

So, my ultimate question is how have you dealt with full height
cabinets like this. I cant really build them in place because they are
being finished off-site.

For a myriad of reasons, and unless they are built-in, "full height"
cabinets are never full height. Normally you build them so they will tip up,
and trim out the top.

They can be taller if you are sliding them onto a standard 4 1/2" ladder
frame for a toe kick, but you will still need to trim out the top due to
floors and ceilings never being parallel.

Always reference a known point, NEVER a floor or ceiling.

Standard way to do this is to use a level and draw a reference line on the
walls around the perimeter of the kitchen, above the 34 1/2" line.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04