Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ford Focus headlight motor - changing

In article ,
"David.WE.Roberts" writes:
I need to change the off side headlight motor on my daughter's Ford Focus
5 door Hatchback 1999 T reg.

I have the Haynes manual on order from the library.

In the mean time has anyone done this job?

Is the motor integrated into the headlamp fitting?

I am assuming the motor has failed and this is not just a wiring fault.

If it's the same as a Fiesta (at least, my previous one), you can easily
get to the motor by unclipping the front glass, but none of the parts
are sold separately - it's a whole new headlamp unit. Damn annoying as
the glass simply unclips from the front. I had to replace the whole unit
twice when the glass was smashed by stones. Second time, I bought a
cheaper unit without a motor, and just swapped the glass over.

You might be able to find someone who has had to do the same, and still
has the old unit with the motor.

--
Andrew Gabriel