Posted to uk.d-i-y
Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] Grimly Curmudgeon[_3_] is offline

Default Can Openers (O/T?)

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 07:56:47 +0000, Chris Hogg wrote:

We went down this road a few months ago. Got my elderly mother both
the tin opener and jar opener described by damduck-egg. Both work
well. But subsequently we got the JML one mentioned by Grimly. It has
four batteries in it and is a little larger as a result, as opposed to
the two batteries in the Culinaire one, so I assume is more powerful.
It also works well. See http://tinyurl.com/byyhha2

I see a few buyers slagging off the JML one, but I suspect it's more
to do with their cack-handed manner of positioning the opener on the
tin. It is possible to mis-align it, and if you do that with every tin
it will probably buggerup the cutting edge.
Fortunately, it doesn't take much of a clue to get it right and
perhaps that's too much of a stretch for some people.