Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mathew Newton[_2_] Mathew Newton[_2_] is offline

Default Ford Focus headlight motor - changing

On Friday, March 1, 2013 11:53:09 AM UTC, David.WE.Roberts wrote:

I have the Haynes manual on order from the library.

A Haynes manual is unlikely to go into the detail of changing a headlamp motor as the 'official' repair is usually by replacement of the whole lamp.

In the mean time has anyone done this job?

No, but I've seen plenty of headlamp motors and they've been built in to the headlamp. However, they've all been replaceable too by virtue of how they're constructed but I don't know if you can buy replacement motors new - you might need to weigh up looking for a motor from a smashed lamp or just replacing the whole affair from a scrappy or eBay.

I am assuming the motor has failed and this is not just a wiring fault.

I'd wait until you dismantle the thing before assuming that. It could equally be the motor, wiring or position feedback mechanism.

Mathew