Posted to rec.woodworking
jtpr jtpr is offline

Default Raffling off a project for a cause

On Thursday, February 28, 2013 8:58:32 PM UTC-5, Swingman wrote:
On 2/28/2013 7:12 PM, Brian Hoyt wrote:

+1

another grain of sand

brian

--

Brian Hoyt

Stillwater Lake, Nova Scotia

Canada, B3Z 1G2

Wow! ...Actually, Michelle is at the hospital as we speak getting one of

those weekly shots administered (done late in the evening on Thursday

and Friday so she at least has the weekend to crash) ... I texted her an

update based on your above and her exact words: "You have no idea how

much that means ... and Thank all of them for me!"

--

eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com

Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net

https://plus.google.com/114902129577517371552/posts

http://www.custommade.com/by/ewoodshop/

KarlCaillouet@ (the obvious)

Mel received a couple of donations to his site the day after I posted my original question. Funny how these things affect somebody but it actually made me cry to think people that I have never even met would take not only the funds but the time to do this.

You all touched me very deeply with your donations. But I cannot tell you the effect this will have on Mel's wife. She has been totally dedicated to him throughout this ordeal, spending 6-8 hours a day with him, every day, in hospitals and now a nursing home. The staff has told her that many spouses in this situation actually walk away from it. I have been married to her sister for 32 years, and never knew what inner strength she had. Her overwhelming fear at this point is how she will care for him once he get's home. I can help build the mechanics of it, but the day to day is just too much to think about.

Anyway, thank you so much for the donations and the thoughts, you have renewed my faith in people.

Your advice was good, I'm going to pursue that website.

-Jim