Posted to rec.woodworking
Brian Hoyt Brian Hoyt is offline

Default Raffling off a project for a cause

On 2013-02-28 12:37 PM, Han wrote:
Swingman wrote in
:

On 2/27/2013 8:54 PM, Han wrote:

I don't mind giving for causes like this. What is your giveforward
site, Karl?

Actually, I found out about it after the fact, Han. It was setup
without my input, or her knowledge, by a family friend, strictly for
her benefit. She's very independent and had a problem with accepting
it at first, but the reality of her bills piling up so fast has
tempered that reluctance. Just so you know, this young lady has lived
with this since birth (with a wise and kind inner strength beyond her
years), had to recently undergo surgery to save her eyesight and,
despite being dealt a 'tough row to hoe' in life for young woman (it
took fifteen years of research and a team of doctors to diagnose and
decide upon a treatment, which may or may not work), has never failed
a self imposed obligation to help those even less fortunate by
volunteering, since her early teens to help children with disabilities
at MD Anderson here in Houston. She is driven to do this for those
kids, and who better than someone who can empathize with persona
experience? AAMOF, while currently undergoing this experimental
treatment, which is so debilitating that many who embark upon on it
stay in bed for the entire year of its course, or quit, she has the
fortitude to both continue to work, as well as to be back in school
working on an Education Certificate to better teach kids with
disabilities ... if anyone is worthy ... nuff said.

So, since you asked:

http://www.giveforward.com/michellec...tm_source=face
book&utm_medium=fb_wall&utm_campaign=hug&og_action =hug&fb_ref=690176

I had tried searching on your last name at the main site, without seeing
a result. Hence my question.

The costs of these (even for a long-known and long-used
compound such as interferon) is beyond what regular people can sustain.
I hope my little contribution will help.

+1

another grain of sand

brian

--