Posted to alt.home.repair,misc.consumers,misc.consumers.house
Up here in Canada Up here in Canada is offline

Default Home insurance rates increasing

AngryOldWhiteGuy wrote:

I'm in North Texas, near Dallas ).

The house's value is about $140,000 - the dollar value they came
up with to rebuild my home

My quote was about $2,000

I've been insured with State Farm for my car for about 25 years, and
combined with my house insurance for about 15 years.

I pay about $1800 a year to insure two vehicles (car and pickup) each
older than 10 years. We have a "no-fault" car insurance system here in
Ontario. On a per-vehicle basis, the bill works out to $340 for bodily
liability, $444 for accident benefits, $90 Direct compensation (property
dammage), $74 Loss or Damage ($500/$1000 deductible). No drivers in the
household under 25 years old. No accident claims for the past 20 years.

As part of a combined policy, we pay $440 per year for house insurance.
Replacement value of house is about $200k (market value is about
$300k). Deductible might be $5 or $10k. No mortgage insurance (house
is fully paid for).

House insurance premiums has been flat for years - I think it's always
been between $420 and $450 for the 15 years I've had it. Car insurance
has gone down maybe $100 per vehicle over the past 3 years (might have
something to do with some changes to our laws).