Posted to rec.woodworking
Han Han is offline

Default Raffling off a project for a cause

"Mike Marlow" wrote in
:

Swingman wrote:

I'll pass that on, and hereby Thank You for her, Han. It's like
grains of sand ... combined, they can make a beach.

You are right about that Karl - grains of sand. We help out on an
ongoing basis, with a friend who has a child with OI. He's 15 now and
has broken bones well over 200 times now. It's a very frustrating
life for him since he can't do what everyone else does - simply
getting up or a trival bump can and does result in a broken bone. But
- you do what you can, when you can, and hope it helps.

We lived next to the mother of a true pioneer of American law, Paul
Hearne, who was instrumental in passing the Americans with Disabilities
act. He had OI too. A wonderful, loving and dear person who succumbed
to the horrible disease at 48.

I'll be thinking of your friend's boy. Paul's life story and
accomplishments should be an inspiration for his parents and him.
--
Best regards
Han