Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Raffling off a project for a cause

On 2/28/2013 11:45 AM, Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:

I'll pass that on, and hereby Thank You for her, Han. It's like grains
of sand ... combined, they can make a beach.

You are right about that Karl - grains of sand. We help out on an ongoing
basis, with a friend who has a child with OI. He's 15 now and has broken
bones well over 200 times now. It's a very frustrating life for him since
he can't do what everyone else does - simply getting up or a trival bump can
and does result in a broken bone. But - you do what you can, when you can,
and hope it helps.

My prayers for the child and the parents. It tough on both, but to have
a wounded puppy, with little hope of ultimate resolution ... that's hard
to express/put into words.

It's when a child handles a disability with all the grace and wisdom
worthy of a Solomon, and an inherent desire to go out of their way to be
kind and considerate to those even less fortunate, that makes you
realize just how lucky you are, despite the circumstances.

You gotta, know Mike, that what you continue to do, and have done, means
the world to all of them. Bless you and your family for it.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com
Wood Shop: www.e-WoodShop.net