Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_8_] Danny D.[_8_] is offline

Default What's a good way to get rid of rain surface rust on toolsleftoutside

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:36:30 +0000 nestork wrote:

Can you give me more information on the source of 85 percent
concentration phosphoric acid?
Is it a retail product or was that what
you were quoted from a chemical/lab supply place?

Sure.

That 85% H3P04 was based on this post I did on Sat 23 Feb at 06:44:45 (UTC):
Looking up sources of phosphoric acid, I see I can also buy 85% H3PO4
at about $13/Liter or $40/gallon (which makes a ton of naval jelly).
http://www.dudadiesel.com/search.php...hosphoric+acid

Here is another source of H3PO4 at $50/gallon:
http://www.interstateproducts.com/1_...er_pricing.htm

I'm thinking of buying the stuff, just to experiment with it.
With shipping, it should come to something like $18 a liter which
would be compared to 3 liters of Naval Jelly to have the same amount
of Phosphoric Acid, which would come to about $24 or so.

One thing though, that Naval Jelly is THICK STUFF, which I presume
the phosphoric acid isn't as thick - but either one would work for my
tools.

Note:
I'm having trouble with aioe so I hope this (a) posts, & (b) posts only once!
(To make matters worse, Aioe all day said (441 Banlist), probably because
they think I'm multiple posting - which is funny because it's only happening
with Aioe since I post under multiple nyms and nntp accounts).