Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_5_] Leon[_5_] is offline

Default TV Stand is coming along

wrote:
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:56:39 PM UTC-5, Leon wrote:
On 2/27/2013 10:16 AM, wrote:

Part 1:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all

Part 2:

http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?videou

Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

I think a dust collector might make the shop look more tidy. AND get

YES! I do desperately need a dust collector. My biggest fear is getting
nasal cancer. I saw a guy a few years back in a Dairy Queen who lost
half his nose cancer and was wearing a prosthetic. He said he use to
drive a truck that was filled with sawdust or contained saw dusty items
(can't remember). I always think of that guy when I get the slightest
nose irritation after woodworking.

one of these,

http://www.woodcraft.com/product/208...e-brush-1.aspx

I don't know about that. I like to just bend down and pick up a piece of
scrap for a glue spreader; they are easy to find in my shop

I was skeptical too but they do a much better job spreading the glue than I
ever would have thought. Not a big investment, you should give it a try.
They hold the glue well enough that I have less of a problem with the glue
dripping down the edge of a board even though the brush is wider than the
board edge.