Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Can Openers (O/T?)

"Nightjar" wrote in message
On 27/02/2013 18:00, Sam Plusnet wrote:
In article , damduck-
says...

My mother and my sister who has developed arthritis in wrists at an
unfortunately young age both use one of these.
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/16645/Culi...uch-Can-Opener

I don't understand why people are so keen on openers which leave a lid
with a nice safe blunt edge - but also leave a tin with lethally sharp
edges!

My wife uses one and, in my view, the tin is far more dangerous than a
sharp edged lid.

If you have a can sealing machine, you want to take the rolled edge off,
so that the can may be reused. Not that I expect that there are many
people who do that these days.

I do still uses them a bit, mainly for the fat left over after a
roast lamb etc before putting the roast pan in the dishwasher.