Posted to alt.engineering.electrical,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
mike[_22_] mike[_22_] is offline

Default Charge gel cell with car charger?

On 2/27/2013 12:09 PM, John Fields wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 16:17:04 -0000, "Ian Field"
wrote:

"John wrote in message

My request was about having you describe the dynamics of a
light-bulb-in-series-with-a-battery current limiter which, no matter
how loudly or how long you squeal excuses about why you can't, you
can't, of course.

The bulb trick isn't that great because of its pronounced PTC
characteristic - as the filament voltage decreases the current doesn't
decrease in due proportion.

---
???

If a you want the current to change linearly with voltage, then a
simple resistor will do the trick so, obviously, you don't understand
how the bulb trick works.
---

I did try to dumb it down for you - I do hope I didn't use too many big
words for you!

---
The words are no problem but it seems, for you, the theory _is_.

Would you like me to explain how the bulb trick works in terms even
you could understand?

I understand how the light bulb works, but I'm very interested in
hearing YOUR explanation.