Posted to rec.woodworking
[email protected] brian@garagewoodworks.com is offline

Default TV Stand is coming along

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:14:56 PM UTC-5, Mike M wrote:
On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 11:52:59 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 2:38:41 PM UTC-5, SonomaProducts.com wrote:

On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:16:36 AM UTC-8, wrote:

Part 1:
http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video...4&category=all Part 2: http://www.garagewoodworks.com/video.php?video=75 Almost done. Critiques welcomed.

Videos are nice for How-to's but it seems like too much work (for me) to watch 2 videos to see a current project. A couple pics might be a better medium. I am not sure if I am typical but that is my input.

I wish I had your confidence in knowing that there is nothing I could learn by watching a woodworking video that would make it worth watching. I love woodworking and soak up anything I can and make judgment calls along the way. I can't get enough sawdust related info.

Actually I'm not sure if you are projecting confidence, being foolish or both.

Cheers!

Looks good Brian, using Firefox there is an addon called no script

which lets you select what sites can run script. It's amazing how

many sites just don't work with out java. It is nice to only turn on

as much as you need to.

Facebook and YouTube are two biggies that require it (not that I use Facebook). I leave mine turned on all the time and rely on my Firewall/virus protection. Anecdotal, but I've never had a problem as a result of doing so and I don't know anyone that's run into trouble either. On my video page it isn't actually my script that is using javascript, but BlipTV that requires it for their video viewer.

Thanks for commenting!

Mike M