Posted to rec.woodworking
MJ[_5_] MJ[_5_] is offline

Default Raffling off a project for a cause

Jim,

Sorry to hear about your BIL's condition. A number of our woodworkers
have contributed items to charities and non-profits to raise cash for
that organization. Perhaps the best thing to do would be to contact a
non-profit that might fit in with your BIL's condition and see if THEY
would hold the auction.

Another thing would be to use ETSY.Com where people sell all sorts of
handmade items.

And finally, I don't know what your expecting to get for your piece,
but given what expenses might have to made with your BIL's care, and
his family's needs, unless you're an exquisite woodworker, you might
find that the public might not value that item as much as you'd hope.
I would try to use the non-profit route. They have the mailing lists,
publicity contacts, etc. that would spread the news of the auction
widely.

Best of luck.

MJ.