Posted to rec.woodworking
jtpr jtpr is offline

Default Raffling off a project for a cause

My brother in law and closest friend (fellow woodworker) suffered a massive brain bleed back in September. Anyway he is currently in a skilled nursing facility and will probably be coming home in June. This will be tough on his wife financially as there are a lot of things that need to be done to accommodate his needs. Plus, he was the primary bread winner, and he is only 55 so she could be looking a a LOT of years of care.

So, I was thinking; what if I made something and either raffled it or auctioned it off to help raise funds for her? I was looking around online but not really finding what I need. Also, how would people know I was legit? Has anybody done this sort of thing with something they have made? Any suggestions?

I could use the web site I made her (http://www.careformel.org) to advertise it, but they don't really have a huge number of people visiting it.

Thanks,
-Jim