Abso

Default Toilet FAQ?

"Mike Ring" wrote in message
52.50...
"Abso" wrote in :

Focus DIY were charging £23.98 for a Fluidmaster flush valve (without
float valve) this morning. The same is £13.95ish from Screwfix.. Hmm,
left that one on the shelf..!

B&Q do the whole kit for about that, but I go on Wednesday for me 10% off.

I bought the fluidmaster float valve there today for £8.33 (bargain), but
didn't see the complete kits although I was looking for them.

snip
OTOH Grahams do a (forget the make) push button operated valve where
the button mechanism is on a flexible linkage (like bike brake/gear
cables, but plastic) and this (a) does have a light action (b) only
costs about £12. Even adding say £5 for a bottom entry equilibrium
float valve that's cheaper than the inferior (IMO) Fluidmaster kit.
It also has two flush volumes (for 'liquids' and 'solids')

It's this one:

http://www.multikwik.com/multiflush.htm

AFAICS they only do complete cisterns, and Graham's wabsite, ahich is a
helluva job to find doesn't own up to havong them, a general google got
nowhere.

Their website is well hidden. I only found it indirectly (via another site
which had come up in a Google-search).

Thanks for the recommendation, it was £12.98 from
Grahams and seems a better bet than the Fluidmaster if only because of
the water saving split flush button (I'm on a water meter).

Cheers for your contribution, and if it doesn't work at least I have
someone to blame.. ;o)

And where were all you lot two weeks ago, then?

Erm.. can't remember - why, what happened?

--
Abso [at] ukrm [dot] net - ignore header email address