Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Can Openers (O/T?)

Sam Plusnet wrote
wrote

My mother and my sister who has developed arthritis in wrists
at an unfortunately young age both use one of these.
http://www.lakeland.co.uk/16645/Culi...uch-Can-Opener

I don't understand why people are so keen on openers which leave a lid
with a nice safe blunt edge - but also leave a tin with lethally sharp
edges!

Mine doesn't leave the tin with lethally sharp edges.

The only effect I get is that the tins arent as rigid at the top so they
aren't always as useful as empty tin cans when opened that way.

My wife uses one and, in my view, the tin is
far more dangerous than a sharp edged lid.

My tins arent.