Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
Ed Huntress Ed Huntress is offline

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 08:16:30 -0800, whoyakidding's ghost
wrote:

On Wed, 27 Feb 2013 10:52:42 -0500, Ed Huntress
wrote:

I agree. We'll be in fracking paradise before long....

Lots of different tech for different apps. More power to them all.

"Before long" reminds me of the cull date though. I went for
something I could drive until the 2000lb, $15k, 300 mile range EV
Beetle hits the market. I hear they're going to include bell
bottoms and paisley lined pointy shoes for early adopters.

I've been saving mine, waiting for the fashion cycle to swing my way.

Going on a 200 mile round trip today. No range anxiety, but it will
push down my EV percentage a bit.

Get an EV and find a couple of those 10-hp Stirling generators that
Philips made for Winnebago back in the '70s (quiet, on-board electical
generator). Put them on a trailer and hook up cables to your
batteries. Then you can just pull off the road and shovel in some wood
chips, bird poop, or whatever, and go another 100 miles.

--
Ed Huntress