Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
PCS PCS is offline

Default sharpen a pencil sharpener?

On Feb 26, 5:03*pm, Eli the Bearded wrote:
The discussion about sharpening taps in the "old taps and dies, worth
anything?" thread brings to mind a question of mine.

I've got a couple of old planetary style pencil sharpeners which tend
to chew up pencils and leave the wood all rough. I'm wondering if this
is a case of the blades needing sharpening or something else.

I know how to take the sharpeners apart, but I don't know how I'd go
about sharpening the many small curved blades on the cylinders.

Suggestions?

Elijah
------
mostly sharpens pencils with a utility knife these days

Sharpen a suitable piece of Cratex rubberized abrasive to a point.
Might sharpen as it sharpens?
Hey...there's a business opportunity in here somewhere!

--
PaulS