Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D.[_8_] Danny D.[_8_] is offline

Default What's a good way to get rid of rain surface rust on tools leftoutside

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 10:24:06 -0800 Oren wrote:
Did you use two thin to medium coats within 20 minutes?
Brushed on. Allowed to cure 24 hours?

Now that's interesting. The instructions on the bottle simply
say to brush on and wait five or ten minutes and wash off.

They say nothing about two coats, and 20 minutes is twice
the time it says on the bottle. So, maybe I didn't let it
sit long enough...

Washed using rubbing alcohol or mineral spirits?

Ooops. Again, the instructions on the bottle didn't say that.
They just said to wash with water. Which is what I did.

I'd likely would have done two treatments before oiling.

I guess I can still treat them again if I wash the oil off.

PS: I hope aioe doesn't give me three posts again!