Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
[email protected] nobody@nowhere.net is offline

Default Copper cable going into the floor, cannot be pulled out

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 19:54:06 -0600, Ignoramus5974
wrote:

I entered into a business transaction of the sort "you buy two
compressors and whatever else you find in the building, including
wiring, for $500".

The building, a former car body shop, is to be demolished next week.

Today we took out a lot of wiring, including one inch copper mains
cables, and a 15 HP I-R T30 compressor and a 5 HP quincy compressor.

Pulled a lot of cable from the walls also. The cables pull, once we
released their "other ends" in their respective panels.

But here's a problem: one of the cables, I am guessing 2-0 gauge, four
conductors, is going into the conduit in the floor concrete.

We cannot find the panel that they are going to and we cannot pull
them out, as they are attached on their other ends. I am beginning to
think that perhaps they are extremely long and valuable.

Is there some low-tech way to trace where that conduit is going?

Could they be the feed from the power company pole to the meter? The
power company may have disconnected the power at the pole.