Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default sharpen a pencil sharpener?

Sometimes, if you don't push as hard on the pencil, the grind is smoother.

Spray the blades with clear silicone spray. Might help.

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..

"Eli the Bearded" wrote in message
The discussion about sharpening taps in the "old taps and dies, worth
anything?" thread brings to mind a question of mine.

I've got a couple of old planetary style pencil sharpeners which tend
to chew up pencils and leave the wood all rough. I'm wondering if this
is a case of the blades needing sharpening or something else.

I know how to take the sharpeners apart, but I don't know how I'd go
about sharpening the many small curved blades on the cylinders.

Suggestions?

Elijah
------
mostly sharpens pencils with a utility knife these days