Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.autos.tech,alt.home.repair
dsi1[_7_] dsi1[_7_] is offline

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

Why build the nuclear power plants in Alaska and waste all that power in
long electrical transmission lines? There are safe designs for nuclear
power plants that would make them good neighbors, much better
neighbors than coal fired power plants. Perhaps one day highways will
be modified to transfer power to electric vehicles while in motion which
would keep the batteries charged for trips off the highway. It may
be SciFi now but I recall when cellphones were science fiction. I really
do believe electric vehicles will be wonderful given time to develop and
build up a demand by the population but Moonbats are trying to force
them on the citizenry before they're ready for prime time. That will not
work as can be seen by all the "Green" energy companies that vaporized
after sucking up so much taxpayer money that was showered upon them with
great fanfare by the ignorant morons in charge of the country right now.
Don't you just adore The Emperor's new clothes? O_o

TDD

Solar energy is pretty popular over here. Unfortunately, Hawaiian
Electric has to charge more for electricity to make up for the lost
revenues caused by solar water heaters and photo voltaic systems. That's
the breaks. :-)