Abso

Default Toilet FAQ?

"John Stumbles" ] wrote in message
snip
with the unit in its normal orientation? It's just that it had become
detached in transit and the instructions and website aren't clear on this.
Maybe it makes no difference.

I'd think it makes no difference though - looks as if the slider just opens
or closes that hole.

Yep, reckon you're right. I put it on in the sad position FWIW.

All fitted now, the Multikwik flush flapper and a Fluidmaster float valve on
the filling side. It all works (although I had a bit of a moment when my
inlet isolating valve started unscrewing as I tried to tighten the connection
to the underside of the float valve assembly. Gave the wall a wash at least..
)

Things I've noticed so far:

1 - Flushing the toilet with the lid up splashes the carpet (out of the bowl)
due to the increased flow,
2 - The lid to the cistern doesn't fit properly as it's held off by the
locking nut to the rear of the flush button,
3 - With each flush there are a few dribbles of leakage from the underside of
the close coupled union at the base of the cistern.

1 and 2 don't fuss me overly, although it would be nice to get the cistern lid
so it's level and doesn't rock to and fro. Might have to open out the flush
button mounting hole (downwards) to lower the whole mounting arrangement
(looks like a bugger to drill though).

3 is an issue and probably down to me not replacing the large rubber washer in
the conversion process (no new one in either kit, see..). I guess I'll have
to source one and pull it all apart again (. Can anyone tell me the
standard size so I can get one in without having to take it apart and measure?
TIA.

--
Abso [at] ukrm [dot] net - ignore header email address