Posted to alt.home.repair
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 01:56:10 -0500, wrote:

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013 00:19:58 -0600, Vic Smith
wrote:

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 20:41:55 -0500,
wrote:

Heat is not really an issue here but the A/C is on most of the year
and in the summer you are starting with a 140 degree car.

Depends where you park it. Most are garaged.
When I stay in Florida, my white Lumina starts from a carport.
Nowhere near 140. And I usually find shade when I'm out and about.
Seems there's a vast number of palm trees down there.
Volt sales span the globe, but California, Michigan, Illinois and
Florida are the biggest markets. Think a third are in California.
There's Volt owner reports from hot desert areas like Phoenix.
Saw one saying he wished he hadn't bought a black one.
Duh.

I don't have that much luck finding a shady parking place and I
imagine you are here in the winter.
The sun isn't really that bad in February. In August it is brutal.,

When I took the kids with me, it was always July/August. Lately it's
been September/October. When I stay beachside the rates are good, but
I don't like traffic, and heard it's quite worse in winter.
I only stay by the water, in "resort type" areas. Got to swim and
fish.
Heat doesn't bother me much anyway. Spent my young years in
boilerooms, steel mills and heat treating.
I don't think I'll ever go to Florida in the winter, unless I move
there. Wouldn't mind that at all.
Many years back a guy I worked with went in January for a couple
weeks. Vero Beach. I was happy for him, because he was really
talking up sun, sand and beer. He never got his jacket off down
there. Think that's when I decided to never vacation there in the
winter, even farther south.
For a vacation of sun, sand and beer, jackets are a bummer.
I'm looking for temps in the 80's, but 90's work too.
The trees I find to park under are usually at a far side of the
parking lots. Often just enough shade to filter the sun from half the
car. But it works wonders.