Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

On Feb 25, 7:06*pm, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:
wrote in message

On Mon, 25 Feb 2013 09:58:14 -0800 (PST), harry
wrote:

In Europe we let the train take the strain. Or the bus.
Or fly.

What do you do for transportation when you get there?
When we fly, we still end up renting a car. I typically put over 1500
miles on the rental if we are out west. The record was in the Dakotas,
2300 miles in 3 weeks. Stuff you want to see is far apart out there.

Most Euros have ABSOLUTELY NO CLUE as to the distances that are considered
normal in the US.
My cousin from Hungary, *thought it completely crazy to hop in the car to
drive 120 miles/ 2 hours, one way, for a weekend in the cabin. Even though
it amazed him to see 8 deer checking him out on the back porch at less than
15 yards.

Hungary=hillbillyland.
There is more culture/history than the USA
However he's right about long drives.
The USA is full of nothing. Especially in the middle.
This is the reason they sit in their themed basement/bars drink
chemicals (which they think is beer) and play with their guns and talk
about cars.

Maybe in a thousand years you might have a little culture.

I can look up now and see 2000 years of history .
There are twenty odd places of interest within twenty miles.
Many you could spend days exploring.
And if you drive, the roads are interesting.