Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Kreg Jig Jig II: The pictorial definition of "Jury Rig"

Greg Guarino wrote:

I haven't tried the full Kreg Jig, and if I'd gotten off my butt and
ordered a toggle clamp when I intended to, I probably wouldn't have
thought of the vise method. But I like it, or at least the new and
improved version I envision. I especially like that there would be a
nice wide surface to hold the work. Maybe that's unnecessary; that
seems likely, given that you've apparently done well with the Kreg
Jig for what must be many jobs.

In addition, I am starting to enjoy the "puzzle" aspect of
woodworking; that "sense of satisfaction" you mention. I'm now trying
to visualize a jig that I could quickly slip onto the movable jaw of
the vise. It would hold the kreg unit and provide a surface flush
with the front surface of the kreg to hold the work. I've got some
ideas about how to make a vacuum port too.

If you need to find me, I'll be perched at the top of the slippery
slope. Good thing I have so little free time.

Don't let Karl get to you Greg - he's just jealous because he doesn't have
the time to dick around with this stuff to amuse himself, 'cause he's too
busy building beautiful stuff. He just doesn't understand that sometimes
it's rewarding to not be so damned talented. Look how we get to amuse
ourselves...

Hell - I may just go build something else - just for the hell of it!

--

-Mike-