Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
Spehro Pefhany Spehro Pefhany is offline

Default How to solder very thin stranded wire?

On Sun, 24 Feb 2013 22:56:59 -0800, the renowned Jeff Liebermann
wrote:

From the graph, it appears that pure tin is the worst, with 60/40
being a close second. However, if there's any copper in the solder,
the copper wire doesn't want to dissolve. I'm not sure what's in the
RoHS solder on my bench. The label fell off long ago. I'll find some
more that doesn't have copper in it and see what happens.

I'll see if I can find some finer wire and try again. I want to see
the wire "disappear".

The cheap lead-free stuff I have has 0.7% Cu.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany