Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair

Default How to solder very thin stranded wire?

On 24 Feb 2013 16:47:58 GMT, "Default" wrote:

That is the theory... If you slowly feed something like 32 or higher
AWG wire onto a hot, heavily tinned, tip you can watch it dissapear.

I just tried it with one strand from 24 AWG stranded wire, which is
made from 7 strands of 32 AWG. I held the iron on the wire for about
5 minutes and nothing disappeared. Perhaps it's because my soldering
iron tip runs at about 400 C while copper melts at about 1085 C?

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D