Posted to rec.woodworking
Bill[_47_] Bill[_47_] is offline

Default Kreg Jig Jig II: The pictorial definition of "Jury Rig"

Bill wrote:
Mike Marlow wrote:
Swingman wrote:

Although I applaud you guys on the results of your efforts, and in
particular the satisfaction you're getting out of the process, I do
appreciate you justifying my decision of years back to cut to the
chase, crowbar the wallet, and let Kreg get all that out of the way
in one fell swoop.

Yeah, you probably have a cell phone and a laptop sitting on top of
your workbench too!
It reminds me of what Roy Underhill said about using Japanese saws to
cut dovetail joints. : )

I saw that Woodcraft had some of those (old) nails that loos like
staples, which pull the wood
together as you hammer them in. Have you (or anyone else here) tried
those?

I would happily have spent the money as well, since I too figured they'd
done a good job of figuring it all out. But - they didn't have an
option
for one made out of walnut on the website...