Posted to alt.home.repair

Default What's a good way to get rid of rain surface rust on tools leftoutside

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 22:04:12 +0000, nestork
wrote:

harry;3018804 Wrote:

Well as I am in the UK many of these products are not available
or have different names.
However we do (unfortunately) have Coca Cola.
I have heard it will remove rust. (Phosphoric acid,)
The problem with acid treatments is it can affect cutting edges,
especially on stuff like saws.

I don't know who said that Coca Cola contains phosphoric acid, but
that's not true. If it were, Coca Cola would taste acidic all of the
time, but it doesn't. In fact, it's easy to remove the acidic "bite"
from the taste of Coca Cola.

Wrong.

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_much_p..._a_can_of_Coke
http://biology.stackexchange.com/que...the-function-o

When you start with a false statement, nothing that follows is worth
reading.