Posted to alt.home.repair
Oren[_2_] Oren[_2_] is offline

Default What's a good way to get rid of rain surface rust on tools left outside

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 17:56:30 -0800 (PST), Red
wrote:

I screwed up when I left the lid off a container of HCl setting on my
shop bench. Two days later when I went back in the shop the fumes had
caused every iron tool hanging on the pegboard to have a film of rust
similar to your toolbox. HCl never comes inside any more.

The pool acid can narly up the metal in a pool pump enclosure (closet)

Even with the cap on, acid off gases out of plastic jugs -- rust.