Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cable thief burned

On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 10:51:09 +1300, Gib Bogle wrote:

On 23/02/2013 10:17 a.m., DerbyBorn wrote:
"Nthkentman" wrote in
:

"Grimly Curmudgeon" wrote in message

Great stuff.
I suspect he might be stupid enough to do that again.
http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news...hief-left-red-

face-1708052.
..

Pure Darwininsm.

There is a pic at a local sub station where I used to go to work on
lorry cranes of a Pikey melted to the side of a transformer complete
with the bolt croppers still in his semi skeletal hands.
Dumb **** of the year award (Posthumously!)

They should put warning signs on substations and have them fenced off.
Anyway - why do we need 11,000 volts? 230 is enough and is a bit safer!

12 V is safer still.

Those cables would really be worth nicking. If they could be lifted.