Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking
Existential Angst[_2_] Existential Angst[_2_] is offline

Default Stuart Little and E.B. White...... Kitchen musings..... shelving vs. cabinets, notions of design....

"dadiOH" wrote in message
Existential Angst wrote:
To the other slow-wits, mebbe y'all should find sumpn to punctuate....
yourselves, mebbe??

OH, OH..... he said "mebbe"..... TWICE!!!!
OH, OH, OH, OH..... he said "sumpn".....
OH, OH, OH, OH, OH, OH..... he said "y'all".....
OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH

Oh, don't say I never gave you anything:
http://faculty.washington.edu/heager...trunkWhite.pdf
Strunk & White, Elements of Style -- guar-own-teed curriculum in a 4
year school, mebbe not in adult ed.
OH, OH, OH, OH..... he said "guar-own-teed"......
OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH

How arrogant.

About the only person here who needs a treatise on the elements of style
is you.

Hmmmm...... might I be even more arrogant and correck your syntax?
Elements of Style WAS the treatise -- albeit a short, succinct one.

What you SHOULD have said -- and I'm sure you meant to -- was:
"About the only person here who needs a treatise on style......."

Oh, wait...are your cutesy spellings an attempt at a distinctive writing
style? An attempt to separate yourself from the herd? To lift yourself
from the depths of mediocrity? Doesn't work.

Dood...... it's fukn USENET..... give it a break, already.
Dayum.... and I thought you were one of the normal ones.....

And where's the gratitude??
Moi had to PAY for that goddamm StrunknWhite.... and ahm giving it away for
free....

Ackshooly, I never really agreed with ole Strunk.... yeah, **** has to be
standardized, but goddamm, there's standardization and there's stifling.
**** granite, and **** stifling.

ANOTHER POP QUIZ, boyzngerlz.....

WHO was the White in Strunk'n'White??

No matter, y'all are going to cheat anyway, and look it up.....
He was EB White, who wrote Charlotte's Web, Stuart Little, and a bunch of
other children's classics, and a longtime contributor/editor in The
N'Yawker. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._B._White
Proly one of THE most :"decorated" writers. No Nobel Prize, but dat dudn't
mean **** anyway.... they wasted one on Hemmingway..... and even worser,
one on Herman Hesse.... GOODGAWD!!!!!!!!!!

But y'all litirits KNEW that, right??
Yeah, riiiiight.....

Here's what ahm thinkin:

All those who had so much trouble deciphering the op, get copies of Stuart
Little and Charlotte's Web, and work on yer comprehension...... EB White
knew what he was doing, and y'all's reading comprehension should jump by at
least two grades when you finish them. Proly you can find Cliff's Notes on
them, as well, iffin you need help.

And WHERE did the adventures of Stuart Little take place?? Why, in the
Central Park Pond, in.... N'Yawk....

OH, OH, OH, OH, OH..... He did it AGAIN!!!! He said "N'Yawk" instead of
New York........ TWICE!!!
OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH OH, OH, OH, OH
--
EA

--

dadiOH