Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.crafts.metalworking,rec.woodworking

Default Kitchen musings..... shelving vs. cabinets, notions of design....

Existential Angst wrote:

See, part of the problem is y'all's inability to *abstract* and
contextualize.
True, the Q was preceded by a bit of a pre-amble, some context, if
you will, and I'm sorry that preamble threw you all for such a fukn
loop, into such a fukn tizzy.

It really didn't. No tizzy, no loop. Just didn't want to bother with it
given all the *abstractions*. It was just a case of moving on to the next
post.

So let me rephrase for the sawdust-addled and slow-witted:

I'm questioning the whole zeitgeist (no, not ghetto slang, for the
nailshooter asshole.... he http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist ) of
the HGTV notion of kitchen design, vividly illustrated by the
article on the home kitchen of the prof'l chef I mentioned.
Obviously, most of you complaining assholes have bought into the HGTV
mind****..... and I'm not saying that the HGTV mind**** is
necessarily a BAD or incorrect mind****, just querying alternatives.
And I'm speculating that alternatives are not being provided, for
obvious commercial reasons.

I appreciate most of the other responses (obviously they don't have
your reading comprehension problems, and/or are able to appreciate
the general design issue), and some of those responses helped clarify
a few things, such as the wicking problem with glass, the discussion
of various surfaces, the grease issue of shelving, etc.

Well then - it worked for you. Some here didn't mind your posting style and
responded, which resulted in the dialog expanding, and you benefited in
that. Others didn't. No need to go on about it as if you are personally
insulted that they didn't.

--

-Mike-