Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.repair
micky micky is offline

Default How to solder very thin stranded wire?

On Thu, 21 Feb 2013 00:50:00 -0800, DaveC wrote:

Plan A: Find a short length of very fine uninsulated wire. A single
strand from some stranded wire is what I use. Wrap it around the
insulation about 2 times, and then continue wrapping around the tinsel
wire. Clip off the excess at the end. Solder the wrapped wire to the
replacement connector.

Sounds good.

Plan B: Buy a new iPod earphone. They're cheaper than the replacment
connector.

Not using it as earbuds. Just re-purposing the cord for a corded
single-earphone-with-mic unit. Have both, and am an avid "not to the landfill
will you go" kind of guy...

And beside, I'll learn something new (ie, soldering tinsel wire).

My kind of guy/

Dave