Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default simple security device for window

On 21/02/2013 10:35, Gary wrote:
On 21/02/2013 07:47, Nightjar wrote:
On 20/02/2013 21:06, fred wrote:
With respect to your friend I wouldn't leave any windows open when a
place is unoccupied, whatever the security fitted. IMO it attracts the
attention of thieves and once they take an interest they will find a way
in.

There is probably a reason why so many basement windows are fitted
with bars.

The modern versions are probably less depressing when you are actually
in the flat:

http://www.securitygrillesdirect.co.uk/

Colin Bignell

Do not forget the need to be able to get out in the case of fire.

Sash windows are not a good choice for a fire exit. A second door is
much better and all the basement flats that I know of have both front
and back doors.

Colin Bignell