Posted to sci.electronics.repair
gareth magennis gareth magennis is offline

Default Sennheiser G3 radio mic repair

I will also have to suss out a way of heating the bolts to soften the
glue - all around is plastic, so I though perhaps inserting the Torx
screwdriver into the head and heating the screwdriver blade?

Gareth.

Use a soldering iron !

--
Best Regards:
Baron.

Hmm, you are probably right.

I'm still in paranoid mode, trying not to damage tiny delicate things that
don't belong to me.
The bolts appear to screw into threaded inserts, and I fear if I applied too
much heat, I'd strip the inserts from the mic, rather than free the bolt
from the inserts.

I'm not usually a conspiracy theorist, but am slightly leaning towards the
distinct possibility that Sennheiser do not want third parties repairing
their microphones.

Gareth.