Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default How to recycle old Reel to Reel tapes?

On Feb 19, 3:08*pm, Moe DeLoughan wrote:
On 2/19/2013 9:44 AM, dgk wrote:

I'm getting rid of a few hundred old 7" reels of recording tape.
Anyone have an idea how to do it outside of just throwing them out? I
don't care about security, it's just old music. They are heavy though.
It seems wasteful to just dump them out in bags but I don't have a
much better idea.

Post a message on Prison Plant and other conspiracy/paranoid nutjob
sites, starting with,

"My grandma, Rose Mary Woods, passed away a few years ago and we're
only now getting around to cleaning out her things. We found a bunch
of old reel-to-reel tapes...."

(You'll know you're old if you get the reference.)

You're giving away your age also unless you are a Watergate nut post
Watergateg.