Renata

Default Buying first finish nailer

Angled nailers get into tighter spaces. Not sure if you need this
quality...though trim work would be one area in which it might be
handy (corners).

Just bought a Bostich brad nailer to replace a PC one that was
borrowed. Seems very nice thought I haven't used it a lot.

I heard the Senco's are now made in China.

Gotta be very aware of what you're doing with nailers, particularly a
framer. e.g. when you're doing a job involving a lot of nailing, you
might get in the habit of carrying the gun with the trigger depressed
(since that's the way you leave it when shooting - bounce nailing).
Then you forget and the minute that "foot" is depressed you shoot a
nail and it may not be expected.

Also, gotta be aware of where the nail MAY come out if it deflects -
and NOT place your hand or foot near there. e.g. we were framing up a
wall and the key is to shoot the bottom nail into the stud first while
your foot may be on top to stabilize. Then remove foot, shoot top
nail. (Wall in horizontal position - prior to being raised).

Renata

On Thu, 20 May 2004 09:19:17 -0400, "Jack"
wrote:

Hello,
I am buying my first finish nailer. I know this has been discussed here
over and over, but with new guns coming out all the time, new opinions are
always offered.

Went to HD, saw the bostitch angled 15 g. Liked it because it was light. I
will be doing lots of trim work in my house.
What is out there that you like? straight or angled ? 15g or 16 g (16 g
straight seem to be alot less $$), things I should watch out for.

BTW, a guy in my state just got killed using a framing nailer, which now has
my wife freaking out
Thanks for your time.