Posted to rec.woodworking
Swingman Swingman is offline

Default Walnut Hall Table w/Cherry inlay and splines

On 2/18/2013 8:50 PM, Mike Marlow wrote:

On 2/19/2013 11:19 AM, SonomaProducts.com wrote:
Yes, my question too. What finish? Very subtle whatever it is.

Nice Karl - what did you finish it with?

Thanks, Mike ... multiple coats (5+), hand rubbed with a Sam Maloof
varnish/oil mixture, followed by an oil/varnish/beeswax mixture.

See #4 below:

http://www.thewoodshop.20m.com/finishing.htm

It is well to note, for the benefit of those who decry this method of
finish, that the finish on this piece has not been touched, in almost
ten years (9/2003), with anything but a soft dusting cloth.

This has always been my finish of choice for walnut and cherry furnitu

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-y...81/HC23.JPG

Hard to beat, IMO.

--
eWoodShop: www.eWoodShop.com