PoP

Default circular saw recommendations

On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 07:47:40 +0000, Paul Mc Cann
wrote:

Rather I would be afraid of a malfunction such as a riving knife
becoming loose/bent etc and dropping into the spinning blade.

Just a thought, but if the riving knife became loose (as in still
attached but not firmly enough) then it would most likely fall onto
the spinning blade, but not necessarily present a major danger, more
like a rather nasty grinding noise that prompts the user to hit the
stop button quickly.

It's not as if the riving knife is going to fall onto the blade in a
way that stops the blade dead in its tracks. Or perhaps I've missed
something?

PoP