Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leif Neland Leif Neland is offline

Default dialup issues

Geoffrey S. Mendelson forklarede:
micky wrote:

In my case it's not very useful, as the DSL portion of my phone service
runs few hundred meters. It goes to a box somewhere near my home which
converts the DSL and analog voice to fiber optics.

That device is even smarter than you would expect, it opens its own
trouble tickets with the phone company and sends me SMSs when it does
or they are resolved.

I assume you mean the box down the road is alerting, not your
individual dsl boxes in the homes.

the box down the road is monitored from the central office,
where it is decided when an anomaly is turned into a ticket, and when
it is decided the problem is fixed, the sms'es are sent.

I don't think the box down the corner has any "free will" to generate
sms'es.

Of cause I could be wrong...

Leif

--
Husk kørelys bagpå, hvis din bilfabrikant har taget den idiotiske
beslutning at undlade det.