Posted to uk.d-i-y
Mark Mark is offline

Default Jury Service.

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Mark wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Got a letter this morning saying I've been excused - on this occasion.
;-)

can i ask how you got out of it,

Basically by stating that at my age (and having sciatica) I'd have
problems standing on the tube in rush hour for the length of the journey
(about 40 minutes). I did say I'd be happy to serve at another court which
was either closer or 'out of town' so I'd be travelling against the normal
rush hour flow and likely to get a seat.
They seemed happy to take my word for it without involving my doctor.

I have always been self employed so getting the Jury call could have been
very inconvenient and costly
But i have never been called and only 18 months to go before im exempt, dont
know whether to be happy about that fact or not.

--

mark