Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Jury Service.

Got a letter this morning saying I've been excused - on this occasion. ;-)

--
*DON'T SWEAT THE PETTY THINGS AND DON'T PET THE SWEATY THINGS.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Got a letter this morning saying I've been excused - on this occasion. ;-)

Ha ! That's a result ...

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Got a letter this morning saying I've been excused - on this occasion. ;-)

can i ask how you got out of it,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/02/13 22:49, Mark wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Got a letter this morning saying I've been excused - on this occasion. ;-)

can i ask how you got out of it,

he said he needed to go to the toilet

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
On 15/02/13 22:49, Mark wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Got a letter this morning saying I've been excused - on this occasion. ;-)

can i ask how you got out of it,

he said he needed to go to the toilet

he must nearly be too old.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , charles
writes
On 15/02/13 22:49, Mark wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Got a letter this morning saying I've been excused - on this occasion. ;-)

can i ask how you got out of it,

he said he needed to go to the toilet

he must nearly be too old.

Which only nearly gets you out of it
--
bert
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Mark wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Got a letter this morning saying I've been excused - on this occasion. ;-)

can i ask how you got out of it,

Basically by stating that at my age (and having sciatica) I'd have
problems standing on the tube in rush hour for the length of the journey
(about 40 minutes). I did say I'd be happy to serve at another court which
was either closer or 'out of town' so I'd be travelling against the normal
rush hour flow and likely to get a seat.
They seemed happy to take my word for it without involving my doctor.

--
*No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/02/13 22:49, Mark wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Got a letter this morning saying I've been excused - on this
occasion. ;-)

can i ask how you got out of it,

he said he needed to go to the toilet

Luckily, I'm ok with that. ;-)

he must nearly be too old.

Couple of years to go. But having already done service on a couple of
occasions it's only fair to give others a chance...

--
*Jokes about German sausage are the wurst.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Mark wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Got a letter this morning saying I've been excused - on this occasion.
;-)

can i ask how you got out of it,

Basically by stating that at my age (and having sciatica) I'd have
problems standing on the tube in rush hour for the length of the journey
(about 40 minutes). I did say I'd be happy to serve at another court which
was either closer or 'out of town' so I'd be travelling against the normal
rush hour flow and likely to get a seat.
They seemed happy to take my word for it without involving my doctor.

--
*No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes *

One of our cops did.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Rod Speed wrote:
*No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes *

One of our cops did.

Yes, but I'm posting from civilization.

--
*Work like you don't need the money. Love like you've never been hurt.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Rod Speed wrote:
*No husband has ever been shot while doing the dishes *

One of our cops did.

Yes, but I'm posting from civilization.

You never could bull**** your way out of a wet paper bag.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

In article ,
Mark wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Got a letter this morning saying I've been excused - on this occasion.
;-)

can i ask how you got out of it,

Basically by stating that at my age (and having sciatica) I'd have
problems standing on the tube in rush hour for the length of the journey
(about 40 minutes). I did say I'd be happy to serve at another court which
was either closer or 'out of town' so I'd be travelling against the normal
rush hour flow and likely to get a seat.
They seemed happy to take my word for it without involving my doctor.

I have always been self employed so getting the Jury call could have been
very inconvenient and costly
But i have never been called and only 18 months to go before im exempt, dont
know whether to be happy about that fact or not.

--

mark

Dumped from jury pool jk Metalworking 0 December 12th 09 02:06 AM
Dumped from jury pool jk Metalworking 0 December 7th 09 04:03 AM
Dumped from jury pool jk Metalworking 0 December 7th 09 03:53 AM
OT - The Jury is in and the charges are out! RAM³ Metalworking 4 July 3rd 08 05:54 AM
Judgement by Jury George Woodturning 6 January 2nd 05 02:15 PM